Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Sudbury Women’s Centre. Our team of volunteers is essential to the realization of our mission. it is with your generous assistance that we can offer a range of programs and services to women in need.
Sudbury Women’s Centre is an equal opportunity volunteer placement provider. Volunteer applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability. Volunteer placement will only be based on qualifications and volunteer position requirements.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer:
- Complete the online Volunteer Application Form below.
- Potential volunteers will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- Potential volunteers are asked to bring two references with them to the interview, at least one to be of a professional/business nature.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check is needed to volunteer at the Sudbury Women’s Centre. Please visit the Sudbury Police website for more information ()
- When you have received your completed Police Vulnerable Sector Check please bring the original copy to the Centre so that it may added to your Volunteer file.
- Once accepted as a Sudbury Women’s Centre volunteer you will be called to come in for an orientation session at the Centre. You may also be invited to participate in further volunteer training that the Centre will offer from time to time.
Get Started Today!
Complete the Application Form below. Please complete all sections as thoroughly as possible as this information will be used to determine eligibility.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
BINGO: We require several committed volunteers to assist us throughout 2018 on select Friday, Saturday or Sunday sessions in Val-Caron. Shifts are 3 hours long and a one-time training session is required.
Donation Sorter: We are extremely grateful to receive donations from community members on a daily basis. We are looking for women with a great eye to look through the donations and put items out on display in our store, My Sisters Closet (link).
BOARD MEMBERS: We are always looking for new Board Members! Are you passionate about women’s issues, looking for a way to give-back or pay-it-forward? Are you experienced in… Fundraising, Marketing, Legal/Compliance or another area that would complement our work?
FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE: Help us with our fundraising events and in developing a strategy to engage others in the community to support SWC through 3rd Party Events.